Welcome to Our Website!
Welcome to the Greater Odenton Catholic Community at
St. Joseph. We are a Catholic parish of the Archdiocese of Baltimore located in Odenton, Maryland. Our pastor is
Rev. James Kiesel.
On March 1, 2014 Fr. Jim became pastor of the former Church of the Holy Apostles-Gambrills and St. Joseph Catholic Church-Odenton.
Effective July 1, 2014 the two parishes were joined to form a new parish community at the St. Joseph campus. The determination on the final name for the joined parish is yet to be determined by Archbishop Lori. For now, the joined parish is simply being referred to as St. Joseph Catholic Church.
| WINTER RELIEF FEB. 9-16, 2015|
St. Joseph Catholic Church operates a Winter Relief shelter as one of over forty churches under the sponsorship of the Arundel House of Hope. We expect to house about 30 homeless men. Each year, we need over 200 volunteers to help in all aspect of this ministry. In general, we need people to help at various times of each day with supervision/hosting the site, providing meals, doing laundry, and providing emergency snow transportation if needed. Please help out by signing up to fill a volunteer spot. Please note that due to child protection policy, minor children cannot be present in the shelter.
Click Here to learn more about Winter Relief at St. Joseph Catholic Church.
Any questions regarding Winter Relief can be directed to Chuck & Cathy Klingler.
NEW! Sign-ups can be done electronically this year! Click on the link below to enter the Volunteer Spot electronic sign-up. Please be sure to click on the Day to see the available job listings and the Job Title to see the times and requirements for each job.
Click Here to Sign Up as a Volunteer!
If you need assistance with signing-up, please contact Joe Sanchez.
Join Our Email List
If you would like to be included on our email list to receive the latest updates and news about our parish community, please send your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org or by Clicking Here
Are you on Facebook? Join the GOCC Facebook group by clicking below:
Support our parish by giving online by clicking below:
Our Vision and Mission
To be a beacon of God’s Love and Hope in service to all people. Mission Statement:
To establish a unified parish community rooted in the love of Jesus Christ.
Guided by the Holy Spirit:
Prayer for Our Parish Community
- We worship and pray together, honoring our traditions, in a way that invites, enables, and inspires all to fully participate.
- We cultivate prayer and discernment as we make important life decisions, seeking God's wisdom through the liturgy, the sacraments, and Sacred Tradition.
- We energize and equip each other to recognize and share our gifts and talents for ministry.
- We educate our parishioners in Catholic teaching with respect to social justice and how we as a community and as individuals can effect positive change.
- We assist those in need and are the voice of the voiceless.
- We live the Gospel and share the Good News by word and example as we nourish and grow the Body of Christ within the greater Odenton community.
- We welcome and love all, celebrate our diversity, and find strength in our common shared values.
- We strive to recognize the presence of God in each of us and our neighbors, living in service to each other and transforming our world.
Heavenly Father, send your Holy Spirit to aid us as we establish a parish community united and rooted in the love of Jesus Christ. Help us to become truly one, worshiping together, sharing our lives and faith, and supporting and caring for one another. Give us joy as we celebrate your kingdom among us. Heal our wounds and divisions. Guide us in prayer, especially in the liturgy and sacraments. Help us to grow intellectually, to develop spiritually, to reach out in service to one another, to respond generously to the poor and needy, to listen to others, to offer hospitality and friendship, and to responsibly steward our resources. May we truly be a beacon of God’s Love and Hope in service to all people. We ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord. Amen.
Worship and Sacraments
Weekday and Weekend Mass times, including Masses offering Children's Liturgy of the Word (CLOW), can be found by Clicking Here
. Holy Days:
as announced. Confession:
Saturdays from 3:30-4:30 PM or by appointment. Baptisms:
Families expecting a child are asked to contact Sr. Angela Case
in advance of the birth to make preparations for your child's baptism. Sr. Angela can be reached at the Parish office Monday through Thursday. Marriage:
Couples seeking to celebrate the sacrament of marriage must contact Fr. Jim
at the Parish office at least 6 months prior to their wedding date and participate in Marriage Preparation. Holy Orders:
Those interested in the priesthood, permanent diaconate or if you have religious life questions please contact the office. Anointing of the Sick:
For those anticipating a hospital stay, or are seriously ill, please contact the parish office.
Any bulletin notices may be submitted to Michelle Chervenak
by noon Monday. Please note that all notices should appear complete with exact wording, any desired graphic attached, and the dates that the notice should appear. Snow Closure and Delay Policy
: In case of inclement weather, the parish observes the following:
Area Catholic Schools
Archbishop Spalding High School
- Parish office generally follows the school closing or late start as determined by Anne Arundel County Public Schools. Please check www.aacps.org for school delay or closing announcements.
- If schools are closed, the parish office is closed and evening meetings and sessions are cancelled.
- Weekday (morning) Mass is not celebrated when there is a late start or closure.
- If the bad weather begins during the school day or is forecasted for the evening, call the parish office at 410-674-9238 to hear the necessary information regarding evening parish activities or check this website periodically throughout the day.
- If the weather event lasts several days, contact the parish office for the latest information.
- Sunday Masses are never cancelled due to the weather unless the Archdiocese of Baltimore has issued a statement dispensing the Mass obligation for Sunday or if a priest is unable to travel to preside at the parish. Please use discretion if your area experiences particular difficulties due to weather. You may call the parish office at 410-674-9238 for a voice mail message to verify closure if we have been able to post a message or check this website for the latest information.
8080 New Cut Rd.
Severn, MD 21144
Office: 410-969-9105 School of the Incarnation
2601 Symphony Ln.
Gambrills, MD 21054
Office: 410-519-2285 Msgr. Arthur Slade Regional School
120 Dorsey Rd.
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton
1800 Seton Dr.
Crofton, MD 21114
Office: 410-721-5770 Our Lady of the Fields
1070 Cecil Avenue South Rd.
Millersville, MD 21144
Thank You for Visiting Us Online!
We hope that you will stop by and worship with us if you are in the area. This site is designed to give you information about our church, our members and our staff as well as provide you with information on how to contact us. If you're already a member of our church, we hope you'll take advantage of some of the resources and tools available to you. In addition, information about ministries, Mass times and community events can also be found here. Our hope is that our website will be one of many ways you stay connected to our church community.
Church of the Holy Apostles & St. Joseph-Odenton
joined parish of the
Greater Odenton Catholic Community
1283 Odenton Rd.
Odenton, MD 21113